Students face increasing pressures to do well academically, as well as perform well in non-academic areas. The problem – the perception that there isn’t enough time to get it all done.
The Challenge for our Students
An inability to cope with school due, struggling with organisational study skills, a lack of concentration, which leads to low grades, anxiety and other issues. Students often do not have effective coping strategies which results in increased stress, especially as they transition from childhood to adolescence, and from adolescence to adulthood.
This trend is on the rise with many students citing stress from school as one of the biggest causes. Parents play a role in this too. Anxiety levels are on the rise and without intervention, this can lead to greater mental health issues.
Strategies that Help
- Learning how to organise time more effectively, understanding what kind of studying technique works best for each student, and learning emotional resilience strategies, can help circumvent this worrying trend of stress and anxiety. Effective structuring of time allows students to develop their organisational skills, and realise they can fit in all that they want to do – including valued recreation time!
- Learn-to-Learn strategies highlight how students process information according to their study styles
- Identifying inner motivation strategies by aligning long term goals with short term committed action
- Getting clear on how to leverage strengths in order to develop their academic abilities and build stronger relationships
Benefits of Academic Performance Coaching
- Better organisational skills leads to better outcomes
- Stress reduction strategies
- Learn skills to emotionally self-regulate
- Strengthen mental muscles for increased focus and attention
- Develop compassion, empathy and gratitude
What other clients are saying
Mallika has been a gem in helping my 12 year old girl with her study skills, getting her to be focussed and organised. Mallika is warm yet professional, making us feel welcome and at ease from the first lesson. Putting Mallika’s concrete strategies to work, quickly saw my daughter’s results improve in a few months. As a mum of a teen taking the all-important PSLE, I feel more reassured that my daughter is in good hands to face the challenges in school and social life.
In such a short time, we have seen such a significant positive impact on Aadam. He has become aware of the concept of being self-aware and organised and now appears to have acquired the necessary skills set of planning his time with regard to work, play and rest to get the most out of all components. He himself has seen a change, the result of which is that he wants to work ever harder as the rewards/fruits have become suddenly more tangible and so achievable. His attitude all round has also improved, not only with regard to his school work but also in the manner in which he interacts with his sister and us. Your mindfulness program has done wonders for him and for us as a family. Look forward to more programs from you with possible applicability to people of all ages.
— Moiz Sithawalla, Partner, Tan Rajah & Cheah
Mallika helped me get my life in order, transforming me from a c student, to an A star student. I can vouch for the fact that she is the most qualified teacher in this industry.
— Aadam, 15
I liked going to Mallika, because I felt understood and appreciated her calmness. When I returned home, I was very motivated to accomplish my work plan and usually got a lot done during the week. Thank you for teaching me so much about time management and mindfulness.
— Niklas, 14
Dear Mallika, I really admire your patience with my teenage son and am grateful for the tools you gave him. He liked you, listened to your advice and followed your suggestions. I’m glad that he continues using the work plan which you gave him and encourage him to keep up the good work. He seems to be more calmer and in balance, since he practices mindfulness exercises every now and then. Thank you for all you did.
— Christine, Singapore
Boost Organisational Skills to enhance Academic performance
Request a FREE consultation on how this programme can benefit your child to increase academic performance and reduce stress. Fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch with you within a day.