For Transition from Primary to Secondary
Students are under tremendous pressure to perform well, not only in their academic subjects, but also in their external pursuits in sports and the arts. Not all students are equipped with the skills to meet the many demands on their time. The multiple commitments of secondary school life, when not well-managed, add to the anxiety and stress which are part and parcel of the teen years.
In New Horizons, students will learn skills to cope with the changes ahead, develop their strengths, manage their time and reduce stress.
- Self Esteem and Self Compassion games and exercises
- Learning to value self and understanding how values-based action can motivate for future success
- Identifying and managing stress – learning strategies to cope (mindfulness)
- Tools to help with communication at home and school
- Importance of organisational skills – making the change from 4 subjects to 8 or 9
- Identifying strengths and using these to enhance future performance
- Social and Emotional Skills – including strategies for making new friends
- Understanding how our mind works
- Reflection and review
Time: 4.00pm – 5.30pm
Where: Bukit Timah area
Cost: $400 for 4 sessions
Payable via link at the time of registration. Your enrolment into the course is only confirmed after payment.
Maximum number of participants per session is 3. (Minimum 2 to start).
Register Your Interest
Testimonials from student participants
I like studying myself to know more about myself. Before the lesson, I did not know as much as I do now. It was really helpful and fun, playing games and getting to understand what goals, strengths and values we have.
Learning how to calm down, reach goals and think positively.
I learnt how to manage Sec 1 better and how to be mindful and make friends. I also made friends during the workshop.